All information at Burney Street Practice is held, retained and destroyed in accordance with NHS guidelines.
Our commitment to publish information excludes any information which can be legitimately withheld under the exemptions set out in the NHS Openness Code or Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Where individual classes are subject to exemptions, the main reasons are the protection of commercial interests and confidential personal information under the Data Protection Act 1998. This applies to all classes within the Publication Scheme.
The information on this Scheme is grouped into 7 broad categories:
- Who we are – Details of the practice, organisational structures, key personnel and how we fit into the NHS
- Our services – The range of services we provide under contract to the NHS
- Financial and funding information – Funding details and charging policies
- Regular publications and information for the public – Guidance and information leaflets
- Complaints – Policies, procedures and contacts for complaints
- Our policies and procedures – General policies and procedures in use within the practice. These include, but are not restricted to, data protection, prescribing and prescription, health and safety
- This Publication Scheme – In this class we will publish any changes we make to this Publication Scheme, the criteria on which our information management policies are made and a referral point for all enquires regarding information management generally in the Trust. We will also publish any proposed changes or additions to publications already available