Temporary & Overseas Patient Registration

UK Residents

If you are in the area for a short time and require urgent medical treatment you are able to register with this practice as a temporary resident. This gives you almost the same access to general medical services as registered patients but only for a period of up to three months. If you are going to be in the area for longer than three months you should register with a GP.

If you are registered with another practice locally it is essential that you to attend your own practice, where your medical notes are available.

Non-urgent advice: Please note

As a temporary patients you will not be eligible for Travel Vaccinations.

This service can be provided by private travel clinics or by your registered GP Practice

Emergency Treatment for Foreign Visitors

People from abroad are eligible for NHS treatment in the case of an emergency. Broadly, this means that if, in the opinion of the GP, your condition requires emergency treatment you will not be charged for a consultation with the GP. If you require treatment or medication for a pre-existing condition you will be charged a fee, which then should be claimed back via your insurance company.

You can receive emergency treatment for up to 14 days.

Please note that these conditions also apply to British nationals living abroad.

Should you be registered with another practice locally you are required to attend your own practice, where your medical notes are available.

Only complete a Temporary services form GMS3 (PDF, 81kb)if you wish to be seen by a GP.

Find out how to access NHS services in England if you’re visiting from abroad.